Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Qwest




Okay - so here is my first BLOG.


I'm not really sure what to put here other than let me start with my quest. Now one might wonder what that is - not sure myself.


I suppose that a quest would be the journey to find or arrive at a destination. I saw a portion of the movie "The Peaceful Warrior". I was "hit" by the notion that our life is not about the destination - its the journey. So much of my life has been about the destination. I would like to think that from now on its about the journey.
Example - this is me and my mother. We recently enjoyed a vacation to Nauvoo. Each day was an adventure. I truly enjoyed the journey. Here we are at the end of Parley's Way at the shore of the Mississippi river.

So now that I am living the journey - what will I enjoy the most? I will focus more on my family and more on the small changes I make each day towards those goals rather than focus on the end that I miss out on all the little joyous things.